Taking a website and optimizing it to bring it to the top spots of search engine results pages is not quick and easy. Search engine optimization is not something that happens overnight. No matter what kind of techniques or strategies you employ, there is no magic solution that will make the SEO process faster. Even the most efficient SEO project plan will take some time before it achieves its goals.Some website owners try to do their own SEO without getting any SEO training in the Philippines. Although there is nothing wrong with doing this, you will find out with some SEO consulting services that there is still an efficient way to handle SEO because there is still a reasonable timeline that you can expect. Below is a rough timeline of a typical SEO project.
- Site analysis. The first thing that you should do when embarking on your SEO project is to analyze your website. This may seem like a quick process to some but there are a lot of details involved in analyzing a website. This first step involves not just looking at the website to find out what needs to be changed, it also involves coming up with a set of recommendations on how to address issues with the website and how to make the site more SEO friendly.
- Identify your top five priorities. Once you have analyzed your website and come up with changes and recommendations that need to be done, you can get overwhelmed with the number of these issues that need to be addressed and actions that need to be done. The best thing to do is to identify your top five priorities. This way, your project will be more focused and easier to handle.
- Implement changes. Once you have identified your top five priorities, it is time to work to put those changes and recommendations into actions. Depending on how many things need to be done to your website, this can take a lot of time.
- Check for search engine crawling. Once you have implemented the changes on your website and performed some SEO tasks, it is time to wait for the search engines to crawl and rank your website based on these changes. One way you can make this faster is by submitting an updated XML sitemap to the search engine webmaster tools which will prompt a fresh crawl of your website.
Social media networks have drastically changed how people, businesses, and organizations interact online. Various social media websites allow different entities to connect and interact in a more confined online space. Among the most popular social media networks is Facebook. Nowadays, almost everyone has one or two Facebook account. For businesses, having a Facebook page has become even more essential than having a website.
There are many benefits to having a Facebook page for your business. However, to be able to maximize these benefits, you need to be well versed on how manage Facebook pages. If you have a Facebook page, you can choose to get the services of an SEO company that offers not just guaranteed SEO but also management of social media accounts. If you prefer to manage your own Facebook page, below are some tips to help you.
- Update regularly. The only way to keep your audience or Facebook page ‘likers’ engaged is to make regular updates. Try to make around three to five posts every week. Your posts can range from a short greeting or shout-out to your fans, a link to relevant articles or websites, and a photo or video. Of course, feel free to post more frequently if there is an ongoing contest, promotion, or event related to your business. However, try not to go beyond five posts per day to avoid being lumped into the spam category.
- Time your posts. When you do post something, time it when a lot of your fans will immediately see it. This depends on the specific clientele that you are catering to. If your business targets professionals, then you might want to time your posts after office hours. Or if you are targeting stay at home mothers, you might get better results if you post very late at night or early morning.
- Acknowledge your fans. It is important to acknowledge your fans frequently. A simple thank every once in a while will have a great effect on how your page is perceived by your fans. Keep in mind that how you respond and project yourself through your Facebook page is part of customer service.
- Engage with your fans. Your Facebook page is the perfect opportunity to be able to connect with your clients and potential customers so make the most out of it by engaging your fans in discussions. Make posts that ask for opinion and opens up a discussion thread in the comments. You may also want to make use of the poll feature that Facebook has.
Search engine optimization or SEO is the process of making a website or blog easily seen by search engines so that it can rank high in search engine results for particular targeted keywords or phrases. Despite how serious and official the term SEO may sound, it is something that has been done by many website owners for many years now. The fight among websites to be at the top of search engine results pages has always been something that a website has to overcome to be called an online success. Because of the importance of SEO, it is not surprising that most websites get the services even as far as that of SEO Cebu companies to help them with their SEO needs.
SEO has been well practiced that even regular individuals who own personal blogs can benefit from it. Blogs are simply personal websites that present posts which may or may not contain text, images, or videos. Many people have taken to monetizing their blogs in various ways and SEO can play a part in helping you in monetization of your blog. Unfortunately, a personal blog does not usually warrant the help of an SEO company especially if you are just starting to monetize it. If the goal is to make your blog earn, then an outright expense might not be advisable. The good thing is that you can easily learn how SEO can help you monetize your blog.
Put a lot of high quality content. Good quality unique content goes a long way in SEO and this also applies to blogs. Make your blog a worthy visit because of its content and search engine will naturally pick up.
Install a plugin. If your blog is running on the very popular blogging platform WordPress, then you can easily install a plugin that will help optimize your blog. The All-In-One SEO is a good plugin to try. It automatically optimizes your titles, it generates meta tags for posts automatically, and it allows you to set the meta description and meta keywords.
Put a keyword-rich title. In case you do not have the SEO plugin discussed above, then it is important to make sure that the posts of your title are well-optimized for your blog. Make it descriptive and keyword-rich.
Link internally. Since you presumably have a lot of well-written mutually-relevant posts, then it is good SEO practice to link internally to your own posts if it is possible. Make sure your anchor words are keyword-rich that are descriptive of what the post you are linking to is about.
Nowadays, it is a must for every company to have its own website. A company website will provide another venue for the company to reach out to potential customers and clients. Many companies have their websites designed by a web design company but after their websites are up and running, some of these companies are unaware of the importance of having their websites optimized for search engines.
A website that is well optimized for search engines will be able to attract more visitors which is the goal of a website after all. If your company has just had its website designed and built, it is time to focus on search engine optimization efforts. The best way to have your website optimized is to get the services of an SEO expert. Below are some things and characteristics to look for in an SEO expert.
- Experience and training. Although there are really good self-learned SEO consultants, you would be more secure with someone who has really undergone SEO training and has years of experience to speak of. Although there is no formal university or college degree on search engine optimization, there are numerous seminars and short courses in this field. Hiring someone who has undergone training and has vast experience means that he or she has a structured knowledge of SEO, that he or she took time to really learn all about it, that he or she has learned from handling different websites, and that he or she is knowledgeable about industry trends.
- Good grasp of your industry. Although there are general SEO strategies and techniques that are often used by many SEO experts, there are often some things that are unique to a particular industry. Hiring someone who has a good understanding of the industry your company will give you the advantage of a more targeted SEO strategy. Applying industry knowledge to you SEO strategies and techniques will help your website reach higher search engine rankings easier and quicker.
- Enthusiasm and passion. Sometimes the path towards SEO success is long and winding. Not all websites reach the top of search engine results pages in just a few days. You will definitely encounter a lot of hurdles along the way and you will want an SEO expert who is always enthusiastic and passionate about reaching your goals. These characteristics are often linked to persistence and optimism which are necessary to be able to reach SEO success.
Google Panda Defined.
Google Panda is one of Google’s recent algorithm aimed to promote high quality content. Websites that utilize poor and duplicated content were the ones mostly targeted. The hardest hits in the past include Hubpages whose current visibility is 62% lower that it was before the Panda; New York Times-owned About.com; and Yahoo Associated Content (now Yahoo Voices) where two-thirds of their articles suffered sizable declines in traffic that as a drastic fix, they did a re-brand and deleted more than 75 thousand write-ups to follow a new guideline.
Google Panda Timeline.
Initially introduced on Feb 24, 2011, update number 1 forecloses on content farms. There had been 24 updates since then. For the past couple of years, roll outs were made almost every month. Last week, talks about the release of number 25 circulated after Matt Cutts made an announcement at the SMX West of a possible change. However, it was later said that the future updates would no longer be abrupt. In fact, it will be rolled out gradually, over a series of days and be incorporated into their regular overall algo changes.
Twelve (12) Tips on Panda.
Below are twelve things you can do in the year of the Panda. Whether you’re a local SEO company in the Philippines or an international freelance marketer, we hope these reminders would help you rank better in the eyes of the giant G.
- Create unique content. Be the industry news breaker. Look for hot and trending topics. Join groups and attend seminars to be on top of everything.
- Keep it long and substantial. The longer it is, the better. Start with 400-800 words. Inject substance. Write ultimate guidelines, tutorials and know-hows. Proofread your work so it would be free from factual and spelling errors.
- Block auto-generated content. This encourages duplication so be on a lookout for this. Always apply canonical tags. If your platform is WordPress, block the category and tag URLs.
- No to spinning. Avoid submitting redundant articles with varying keywords. Chances are, if you had an identical one published on your blog, the latter would be greatly affected as well. Again, quality over quantity.
- Do not over optimize. Too much and similar keywords on one page is not advisable. Vary your terms. Make your copy readable and natural from a user standpoint.
- Match the query with your content. Remember that searchers use particular phrases in hope to find useful information. So focus on being relevant and helpful.
- Diversify your links. Find other trusted sources that could boost your rankings. Do not stick mainly on organic. Consider paid options.
- Keep the adverts on your site to minimum. Excessive and inappropriate ads could pull you down.
- Build your online profile. Begin building profile through the social networks. Be active in Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Get to know the key personas in the related communities.
- Establish your expertise. Trust plays a big role in promoting your website. Some factors that Google considers: Was it written by an expert? Is the domain recognized as an authority on the niche? Does it have a potential to become viral? Is it shareable and recommendable to friends and families?
- Improve your loading time. Have your web design professional in the Philippines get rid of the unnecessary images and scripts that compromise your load speed. How slow or how fast people access your website is in Google’s radar so make sure to add this item to your checklist.
- Take time to study your analytics. The following signals could give clues to the total user and search experience: low percentage of visits, high bounce rate, low number of returning visitors and low click-through rates from SERPs. Come up with strategies to resolve these issues.