Google has been making frequent updates to their search algorithm since 2002. These updates are often given a name and the latest Google update has been coined the Penguin 2.0 which is the fourth Penguin update and released last May 2013. For those who do not know much about search engine optimization or SEO, reading about the numerous Google updates which include the Penguin 2.0 can be tedious and confusing. Letting your SEO Philippine company handle everything may be the option for many website owners but it would pay off to know understand what the Penguin 2.0 is all about.
Do not just leave it up to a Cebu SEO company or somewhere else, you will find whatever it is you need to know about the Penguin 2.0 below.
- The Penguin is an update on the search algorithm. A lot of times, Google makes updates but not on its search algorithm. But the changes brought about by the Penguin 2.0 are algorithmic. This means that it will affect how websites appear on search results.
- The Penguin likes high quality targeted content. When it comes to posts and contents of your website, it is important to make sure that your content is well written and it targets a specific set of readers. The relevance of your content to the audience that you are targeting is very important.
- The Penguin does not like site-wide links. You may not have paid attention to the links that appear on every page of your website. These links are called site-wide links. They can often be found on the header or footer of every page of your website. Remove all these site-wide links in order to limit the damage that they might have caused.
- Sites related to payday loans and adult material get downranked. If you have any link on your website to payday loans or adult material, then remove those links asap. The Penguin 2.0 apparently reduces the link value of such websites.
- The Penguin 2.0 likes variety. If you have been applying SEO concepts to your website, then you have probably had SEO campaigns to help improve your website’s rank. You probably have a set of keywords that you have used many, many times. It is time to create new keywords that are highly relevant to your website. Play around with the main keywords and simply add a few words to diversity and make it more varied.
The Internet continuously provides ways for businesses to market themselves to potential customers. Many years back, the trend is to focus on website development and SEO. Companies worked at developing their websites and then used SEO consulting services for their websites as well. More recently, the focus changed when social media marketing became the trend. Various businesses opened social media account to be able to reach their clientele better. Currently, the trend is for companies to go into mobile apps to be able to increase their presence in their target market. Many businesses are now offering mobile apps for their customers to offer extended services, to have their products available anytime, or to provide relevant information.
- Do market research. To ensure that you develop the right kind of mobile app that your customers will find useful, do market research before everything else. Learn about the different mobile app categories and what your target market will want. You can either get the services of a company that does mobile market research or you can do it yourself with the help of tools such as Apptrace.
- Apply app store optimization. If there is search engine optimization, then there is also app store optimization or ASO. The most important thing in optimizing your mobile app is to make sure that your title includes commonly searched terms that are related to your business. Also when submitting your app to app stores, make sure to fill out all relevant details and to accurately submit to relevant categories.
- Engage your social media network. Since a lot of people usually go into their social media networks on their mobile devices, it is good to spread the word about your mobile app through your business’ social media network as well. Make Facebook and Twitter posts informing your followers about your new mobile app and how it could benefit them.
- Build a microsite. If you have been successful at SEO in promoting your website, then it would be quite easy for you to create your microsite and apply the usual SEO strategies to increase the popularity of your mobile app. You can always get the help of a SEO companyto help you. You may also use other more traditional web marketing tools such as email marketing and using ad networks to promote your new mobile app.
Search engine optimization or SEO is the process of making a website or blog easily seen by search engines so that it can rank high in search engine results for particular targeted keywords or phrases. Despite how serious and official the term SEO may sound, it is something that has been done by many website owners for many years now. The fight among websites to be at the top of search engine results pages has always been something that a website has to overcome to be called an online success. Because of the importance of SEO, it is not surprising that most websites get the services even as far as that of SEO Cebu companies to help them with their SEO needs.
SEO has been well practiced that even regular individuals who own personal blogs can benefit from it. Blogs are simply personal websites that present posts which may or may not contain text, images, or videos. Many people have taken to monetizing their blogs in various ways and SEO can play a part in helping you in monetization of your blog. Unfortunately, a personal blog does not usually warrant the help of an SEO company especially if you are just starting to monetize it. If the goal is to make your blog earn, then an outright expense might not be advisable. The good thing is that you can easily learn how SEO can help you monetize your blog.
Put a lot of high quality content. Good quality unique content goes a long way in SEO and this also applies to blogs. Make your blog a worthy visit because of its content and search engine will naturally pick up.
Install a plugin. If your blog is running on the very popular blogging platform WordPress, then you can easily install a plugin that will help optimize your blog. The All-In-One SEO is a good plugin to try. It automatically optimizes your titles, it generates meta tags for posts automatically, and it allows you to set the meta description and meta keywords.
Put a keyword-rich title. In case you do not have the SEO plugin discussed above, then it is important to make sure that the posts of your title are well-optimized for your blog. Make it descriptive and keyword-rich.
Link internally. Since you presumably have a lot of well-written mutually-relevant posts, then it is good SEO practice to link internally to your own posts if it is possible. Make sure your anchor words are keyword-rich that are descriptive of what the post you are linking to is about.
Nowadays, having your own business is what many people are aiming for. Instead of being employed and having a boss to answer to, a lot of people prefer to work for themselves by starting their own business. If you are thinking of doing the same thing and do not have a huge capital to start a big business, starting a home based one is a better idea. Below are some ideas to help you get started.
- Consultancy. If you are a professional, you can start your own consultancy firm. Whether you are a doctor, a lawyer, an accountant, a teacher, or an SEO specialist, you can setup your own practice at home. One timely business you can start is an SEO company in the Philippines. There is a growing demand for SEO services and it is quite easy to get SEO training in the Philippines if you want to learn more about SEO.
- Sell your own goods. If you know how to make certain goods or products, make them in your home and accept orders. Aside from selling your products to your family and friends, you can venture into online selling to be able to tap a bigger market. Some of the usual products that can easily be sold for your home based business are food items, clothes, hair accessories, and other accessories.
- Online contractor. You can start your own company of online contractors. Look for family member, friends, or colleagues who would be interested in some online work. You can venture into freelance writing, editing, transcription, and office services. You may want to start a small online firm of virtual assistants and then look for potential clients online.
- Small eatery/restaurant/diner/cafe. If you are good at cooking and you have several specialties, turn a small area of your house into a small eatery/restaurant/diner/café. There is no need to make it look like the usual restaurants that people can easily go to. Make it as homey as you can and give it your own personal touch. Your home business will have its own distinct personality and it will make it unique and memorable for those who will get to try it.
- Fitness studio. If you know yoga, zumba, or some other fitness exercise, start offering classes from your own home. If the classes are relatively small enough, you do not need to have it in a real studio. Just clear a small space in your home and start your classes.