Google has been making frequent updates to their search algorithm since 2002. These updates are often given a name and the latest Google update has been coined the Penguin 2.0 which is the fourth Penguin update and released last May 2013. For those who do not know much about search engine optimization or SEO, reading about the numerous Google updates which include the Penguin 2.0 can be tedious and confusing. Letting your SEO Philippine company handle everything may be the option for many website owners but it would pay off to know understand what the Penguin 2.0 is all about.
Do not just leave it up to a Cebu SEO company or somewhere else, you will find whatever it is you need to know about the Penguin 2.0 below.
- The Penguin is an update on the search algorithm. A lot of times, Google makes updates but not on its search algorithm. But the changes brought about by the Penguin 2.0 are algorithmic. This means that it will affect how websites appear on search results.
- The Penguin likes high quality targeted content. When it comes to posts and contents of your website, it is important to make sure that your content is well written and it targets a specific set of readers. The relevance of your content to the audience that you are targeting is very important.
- The Penguin does not like site-wide links. You may not have paid attention to the links that appear on every page of your website. These links are called site-wide links. They can often be found on the header or footer of every page of your website. Remove all these site-wide links in order to limit the damage that they might have caused.
- Sites related to payday loans and adult material get downranked. If you have any link on your website to payday loans or adult material, then remove those links asap. The Penguin 2.0 apparently reduces the link value of such websites.
- The Penguin 2.0 likes variety. If you have been applying SEO concepts to your website, then you have probably had SEO campaigns to help improve your website’s rank. You probably have a set of keywords that you have used many, many times. It is time to create new keywords that are highly relevant to your website. Play around with the main keywords and simply add a few words to diversity and make it more varied.
The Internet continuously provides ways for businesses to market themselves to potential customers. Many years back, the trend is to focus on website development and SEO. Companies worked at developing their websites and then used SEO consulting services for their websites as well. More recently, the focus changed when social media marketing became the trend. Various businesses opened social media account to be able to reach their clientele better. Currently, the trend is for companies to go into mobile apps to be able to increase their presence in their target market. Many businesses are now offering mobile apps for their customers to offer extended services, to have their products available anytime, or to provide relevant information.
- Do market research. To ensure that you develop the right kind of mobile app that your customers will find useful, do market research before everything else. Learn about the different mobile app categories and what your target market will want. You can either get the services of a company that does mobile market research or you can do it yourself with the help of tools such as Apptrace.
- Apply app store optimization. If there is search engine optimization, then there is also app store optimization or ASO. The most important thing in optimizing your mobile app is to make sure that your title includes commonly searched terms that are related to your business. Also when submitting your app to app stores, make sure to fill out all relevant details and to accurately submit to relevant categories.
- Engage your social media network. Since a lot of people usually go into their social media networks on their mobile devices, it is good to spread the word about your mobile app through your business’ social media network as well. Make Facebook and Twitter posts informing your followers about your new mobile app and how it could benefit them.
- Build a microsite. If you have been successful at SEO in promoting your website, then it would be quite easy for you to create your microsite and apply the usual SEO strategies to increase the popularity of your mobile app. You can always get the help of a SEO companyto help you. You may also use other more traditional web marketing tools such as email marketing and using ad networks to promote your new mobile app.