Social media networks have drastically changed how people, businesses, and organizations interact online. Various social media websites allow different entities to connect and interact in a more confined online space. Among the most popular social media networks is Facebook. Nowadays, almost everyone has one or two Facebook account. For businesses, having a Facebook page has become even more essential than having a website.
There are many benefits to having a Facebook page for your business. However, to be able to maximize these benefits, you need to be well versed on how manage Facebook pages. If you have a Facebook page, you can choose to get the services of an SEO company that offers not just guaranteed SEO but also management of social media accounts. If you prefer to manage your own Facebook page, below are some tips to help you.
- Update regularly. The only way to keep your audience or Facebook page ‘likers’ engaged is to make regular updates. Try to make around three to five posts every week. Your posts can range from a short greeting or shout-out to your fans, a link to relevant articles or websites, and a photo or video. Of course, feel free to post more frequently if there is an ongoing contest, promotion, or event related to your business. However, try not to go beyond five posts per day to avoid being lumped into the spam category.
- Time your posts. When you do post something, time it when a lot of your fans will immediately see it. This depends on the specific clientele that you are catering to. If your business targets professionals, then you might want to time your posts after office hours. Or if you are targeting stay at home mothers, you might get better results if you post very late at night or early morning.
- Acknowledge your fans. It is important to acknowledge your fans frequently. A simple thank every once in a while will have a great effect on how your page is perceived by your fans. Keep in mind that how you respond and project yourself through your Facebook page is part of customer service.
- Engage with your fans. Your Facebook page is the perfect opportunity to be able to connect with your clients and potential customers so make the most out of it by engaging your fans in discussions. Make posts that ask for opinion and opens up a discussion thread in the comments. You may also want to make use of the poll feature that Facebook has.
Search engine optimization or SEO is the process of making a website or blog easily seen by search engines so that it can rank high in search engine results for particular targeted keywords or phrases. Despite how serious and official the term SEO may sound, it is something that has been done by many website owners for many years now. The fight among websites to be at the top of search engine results pages has always been something that a website has to overcome to be called an online success. Because of the importance of SEO, it is not surprising that most websites get the services even as far as that of SEO Cebu companies to help them with their SEO needs.
SEO has been well practiced that even regular individuals who own personal blogs can benefit from it. Blogs are simply personal websites that present posts which may or may not contain text, images, or videos. Many people have taken to monetizing their blogs in various ways and SEO can play a part in helping you in monetization of your blog. Unfortunately, a personal blog does not usually warrant the help of an SEO company especially if you are just starting to monetize it. If the goal is to make your blog earn, then an outright expense might not be advisable. The good thing is that you can easily learn how SEO can help you monetize your blog.
Put a lot of high quality content. Good quality unique content goes a long way in SEO and this also applies to blogs. Make your blog a worthy visit because of its content and search engine will naturally pick up.
Install a plugin. If your blog is running on the very popular blogging platform WordPress, then you can easily install a plugin that will help optimize your blog. The All-In-One SEO is a good plugin to try. It automatically optimizes your titles, it generates meta tags for posts automatically, and it allows you to set the meta description and meta keywords.
Put a keyword-rich title. In case you do not have the SEO plugin discussed above, then it is important to make sure that the posts of your title are well-optimized for your blog. Make it descriptive and keyword-rich.
Link internally. Since you presumably have a lot of well-written mutually-relevant posts, then it is good SEO practice to link internally to your own posts if it is possible. Make sure your anchor words are keyword-rich that are descriptive of what the post you are linking to is about.
Nowadays, it is a must for every company to have its own website. A company website will provide another venue for the company to reach out to potential customers and clients. Many companies have their websites designed by a web design company but after their websites are up and running, some of these companies are unaware of the importance of having their websites optimized for search engines.
A website that is well optimized for search engines will be able to attract more visitors which is the goal of a website after all. If your company has just had its website designed and built, it is time to focus on search engine optimization efforts. The best way to have your website optimized is to get the services of an SEO expert. Below are some things and characteristics to look for in an SEO expert.
- Experience and training. Although there are really good self-learned SEO consultants, you would be more secure with someone who has really undergone SEO training and has years of experience to speak of. Although there is no formal university or college degree on search engine optimization, there are numerous seminars and short courses in this field. Hiring someone who has undergone training and has vast experience means that he or she has a structured knowledge of SEO, that he or she took time to really learn all about it, that he or she has learned from handling different websites, and that he or she is knowledgeable about industry trends.
- Good grasp of your industry. Although there are general SEO strategies and techniques that are often used by many SEO experts, there are often some things that are unique to a particular industry. Hiring someone who has a good understanding of the industry your company will give you the advantage of a more targeted SEO strategy. Applying industry knowledge to you SEO strategies and techniques will help your website reach higher search engine rankings easier and quicker.
- Enthusiasm and passion. Sometimes the path towards SEO success is long and winding. Not all websites reach the top of search engine results pages in just a few days. You will definitely encounter a lot of hurdles along the way and you will want an SEO expert who is always enthusiastic and passionate about reaching your goals. These characteristics are often linked to persistence and optimism which are necessary to be able to reach SEO success.